Where Do Baltimore Slip and Fall Injuries Happen?
There is the possibility of a person being injured when they slip and fall anywhere, but there are places where falls happen more often. While slips and trips are unpredictable events, there are ways to reduce hazards. Owners and managers of properties have a responsibility to maintain safe areas and let visitors know of any potential dangers.
If you sustained an injury in a Baltimore slip and fall accident, talk to a Baltimore personal injury lawyer. In order to secure a full and fair settlement to help you cope with high medical bills and pain and suffering. An experienced Maryland lawyer knows how to strengthen your claim.
Slip and Fall Injuries and Your Home
While many do not consider their home a public space, there are areas that are managed by others surrounding you. For example, if you live in a condo building the hallways and stairways need to be maintained safely by the condo board as they are common use spaces.
- Apartment buildings and condominiums. All common areas need to be maintained so residents can move in and out of their units safely.
- Walkways and driveways. Shared areas include walkways and driveways. Chipped walkways and broken driveways can lead to injuries.
- Your workplace. Many spend as much time at work as they do at home. Workplace injuries happen every day and slips and falls are the third leading work injury in the U.S.
Injuries could be eligible for compensation if another was negligent. Even injuries that seem small at first can lead to hospital fees and income loss.
Supermarkets, Restaurants, and More
Of course, people also spend a lot of time outside of their homes and workplaces. Shopping and socializing is part of daily life. Slip and fall injuries are also possible when you are out and about.
- Baltimore injuries are possible when you are in the grocery store, particularly if there are tripping hazards such as fallen display racks, wet floors, or spilled food and liquids.
- Fitness center injuries are possible when equipment is broken and floors are uneven, chipped, or covered with torn carpeting.
- Spilled food and drinks, water or cleaning products on bathroom floors, and inadequate lighting can all lead to slips and falls in area eateries.
Property owners have a duty to repair any problems as soon as they are aware of them. If fixing the problem is not possible right away, the risk needs to be shared with the public.
Maryland slip and fall injuries can lead to large bills and long recovery times. You need someone advocating for you each step of the way. Talk to a Baltimore personal injury lawyer to learn more.
Are you recovering from an injury because of a poorly maintained supermarket or torn carpet in a condo entryway? If you have high medical expenses, connect with a skilled attorney who can navigate complex claims. Have an experienced attorney work for you. Reach out to the legal team at Iamele & Iamele, LLP. With years of personal injury claim knowledge, our attorneys can help. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.