Baltimore Medical Malpractice Lawyer
When we are injured or sick, we have little choice but to put our fate in the hands of medical professionals whom we assume have the education, training, skill and compassion to treat our ailments to the best of their ability. Doctors and other healthcare professionals are held to a high standard of competence and care – this is the very essence of what it means to belong to a profession. When the medical care provided falls below this expected standard, and an injury ensues, doctors and hospitals can and should be held accountable for their errors. The Baltimore medical malpractice lawyers at Iamele & Iamele know what it takes to break down the wall put up by doctors, hospitals and their insurers. Our lawyers work to uncover the facts and present a strong case that fully compensates injury victims for the harm done to them, while helping to improve medical care for others by holding doctors accountable and forcing needed change in hospital practices.
Experienced attorneys for the full range of medical errors
There are many different types of medical mistakes that can be made, and many different types of medical workers who can make them. Below are some of the main types of medical errors that lie at the heart of typical medical malpractice claims:
- Missed Diagnosis – cancer or other serious illness is not considered when diagnosing patient’s complaint
- Delayed Diagnosis – diagnosis is not made until disease has worsened, when it could have been caught earlier
- Medication Errors – wrong medicine or wrong dosage administered
- Surgical Errors – Surgery is performed on the wrong patient, or the wrong surgery is performed; surgery is performed on the wrong side of the body; foreign object (clamp, sponge) is sewn up inside of patient; vital body part is nicked or cut during surgery
- Birth Injuries – Cerebral palsy; Erb’s palsy, Klumpke’s palsy; improper use of forceps; delayed c-section
- Anesthesia Errors – brain damage from lack of oxygen; esophageal injury; chipped teeth
- Misread Diagnostic Test – radiologist or doctor misinterprets results, misses diagnosis or makes wrong diagnosis
- Hospital/Nursing Negligence – hospital-acquired infection; wrong baby sent home; misread chart; patient mix-up
Our Baltimore Medical Malpractice Attorneys can Help
Medical malpractice claims are among the most difficult and complex cases to pursue for a number of reasons. As part of a medical malpractice claim, it is necessary to obtain the testimony of medical experts who can explain how the injury resulted from medical error. This testimony is by nature medically complex, but the attorney must be able to understand and interpret this testimony and make sure a judge or jury understands it in everyday terms. Also, Maryland law is in many ways more favorable to doctors and hospitals than to injury victims and makes the process more complicated and difficult than other types of personal injury claims.
Get Help from Iamele & Iamele after Baltimore Medical Mistakes
If you believe that you or a loved one were harmed by the medical care received in a hospital or other health care facility in Baltimore or surrounding communities, call Iamele & Iamele, LLP at 410-779-6160 for a no-cost, confidential consultation regarding your potential claims. Our experienced Baltimore medical malpractice lawyers can help you today.