Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu

What About My Wrecked Car And Belongings?


Of course, the most important thing following a Maryland car accident is to make sure everyone is physically ok. Assuming you are not injured, being thankful for walking away from an accident healthy is priority number one. Then, from there, you can assess if there are property damages, such as a car that is in need of repair or belongings that were in the vehicle that have been destroyed. Sometimes replacing a vehicle is part of the process, such as an accident in which an airbag deploys and totals the worth of the car or truck.

Reach out and seek the guidance of a Baltimore personal injury lawyer following a crash involving property damage in the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan area. What is covered and who will pay for the damages depends on the unique factors involved. For example, if there was a sole at-fault driver paying for fixing a vehicle or replacing the car or truck will be different than it would be in a situation involving contributory negligence.

Contributory Negligence in MD and Neighboring States

The state of Maryland and neighboring states, such as Virginia, follow contributory negligence rules. Essentially this means if you carry even 5% of fault of the accident, you can’t legally recover damages from the other individual, who in this example is 95% at fault. There are exceptions, however, and when you meet with a legal professional they can outline the best path forward for you.

Most states do not follow contributory negligence rules and there are distinct ways to analyze claims and cases as a result. A skilled attorney who is familiar with Maryland law will analyze your case and guide you to the most favorable outcome.

There are a range of costs you could have collected. Some need to rent a car in order to complete their daily tasks and work commitments while their car is being fixed or while waiting for a new vehicle to be delivered. Who will pay for that rental car expense will depend on the details of the accident and the parameters of the insurance companies involved in the dispute.

Talk to an MD Car Accident Attorney

Property damage, physical injury, emotional stress, and income loss are all possible in the wake of a vehicular collision. Instead of guessing what could be possible for you, connect with a Baltimore personal injury lawyer. A seasoned attorney will handle all insurance negotiations and fight for a full and fair financial recovery while you focus on repairing other areas of your life that could have been affected.

Are you worried about who will pay for the damage to your car or truck after a Baltimore accident? Gather your questions and documentation and share them with the legal team at Iamele & Iamele, LLP. With extensive experience in car accident recovery cases, our attorneys will strategize a path to a successful resolution, whether that involves seeking compensation from your insurance policy, the policy of another individual, or pursuing legal action. Schedule your free initial consultation today. Contact us to book your initial appointment.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn


201 N. Charles St., Suite 400
Baltimore, MD 21201
Phone: 410-779-6160
Email Us: Aiamele@IameleLaw.com


Office Directions | Map
Free Parking at 222 St. Paul Parking Garage (Entrance is on Lexington Street)

Free Initial

Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Auto, Truck and Most Accident cases are accepted with no fees or expenses to the client.

MileMark Media

© 2017 - 2024 Iamele & Iamele LLP. All rights reserved.
This law firm website and legal marketing are managed by MileMark Media.

Contact Form Tab